Elegance of Great Britain (Preview 2019)
- Ardgowan Estate: You are welcomed by Sir Ludovic Shaw Stewart who will lead you on a tour of his property, set on a 10,000-acre coastal estate. Learn of the histories of the area, the Shaw Stewart family and the house, followed by the delightful and elegant tradition of a Scottish Tea and Scones.
- York: Enjoy the opportunity to mix with the locals over dinner and drinks.
- Stratford: Enjoy a traditional Sunday Roast Dinner, with all the trimmings.
- Dining Summary: 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Morning Tea (MT), 2 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- York: Walk with your Local Expert to see the might York Minster and wander the maze of cobbled streets to see the Shambles.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Stratford-upon-Avon: The Stratford is an award-winning boutique hotel in the centre of this historic town.
Top Rated Highlights
- Bath: The Roman Baths have existed for over 2,000 years and are now one of the best preserved Roman remains in the world. Learn the importance of this historic site, still used as a center for bathing and socialising.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 5,000 years ago.
- English Lake District: The best way to enjoy the Lake District is by cruise. Relax as you admire the magnificent views. Board a steam train and journey along the banks of the beautiful River Leven.
- Haworth: A visit to the Brontë Parsonage Museum provides a fascinating insight into the life of the Brontë family and the inspiration behind their marvellous works of literature.
- Lincoln: Visit Lincoln Castle and admire one of the four remaining copies of the Magna Carta, which is over 800 years old.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- Blenheim Palace: Witness a masterpiece of the English Baroque, brimming with priceless art and tapestries.
- Bath: During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the Georgian houses, the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Edinburgh: Edinburgh: Explore the city as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Grasmere: Visit the grave of the English poet, William Wordsworth.
- Gretna Green: Visit the spot where once runaway lovers were married.
- Scenic Drives: Fall in love with the English and Scottish countryside as you travel through the English Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and the picturesque Cotswolds.